Magic and mystery, gods and goblins, curses and crystals. Give us your fleeting fantasies. All of them. From traditional to epic to urban to science to whatever you can come up with as long as it is fantasy. Give me fantastical stories that delight, amaze, frighten, and mystify. Gritty and low level to universe shaking. Swords and sorcery. Djinns and elder gods in the garden. Fairy rings in space. Spells gone awry. Broken curses. Stolen artifacts. Prophecies come true. Wishing wells with personality. Any type of fantasy is on the table as long as it has a fantastical element to it.
Simultaneous and Multiple Submissions: We do not accept simultaneous submissions. We will allow one (1) submission per author. Send us your best.
Instructions: All fiction must be submitted through our Moksha online submission system. Please do not email your submissions. Manuscript must be in either .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX format. Submit your manuscript in double-spaced 12-point Times New Roman or Courier font. Please include your byline as you’d like it to appear in publication.
Keep your cover letter short and sweet. The Editor wants your story to do the talking.
• Limited time open call: July 15-August 15.
• Flash fiction wordcount: 500-999 (firm)
• Genre: Any flavor of fantasy.
• Payment: $25.00
• Rights: Non-exclusive (story will only be published as part of the anthology as a whole) print, ebook, and audio rights in all languages throughout the world.
What the Editor is looking for:
• A wide range of protagonists in age, race, orientation.
• Neat twists or unexpected turns.
• Atmospheric and interesting settings.
• Stories that stick with the reader.
• Must have an obvious fantastical element.
• Original work only.
What the Editor does Not want:
• Reprints (this includes previously published on the internet anywhere).
• Hurting the woman or child to turn on their power.
• Sexual assault/pedophilia.
• Animal torture.
• Fan fiction (riffs on Public Domain IPs are fine).